Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listener Port number

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaklanders

Technical User
Dec 9, 2007
I have local development Oracle 9i database in my Windows XP. I see it uses TNS Listener port 1521. For some reason it must be using port 8080 also or in the background because it seems to not let my web container (Apache Tomcat which uses Port 8080) work when it (TNS Listener) is turned on. Please advise if or how I edit the Listener port number and if I do change the port number what other things do I need to change such as the OEM login settings to the local database?

Hi,
The listener uses 1521 ( by default) to LISTEN for a connection request - it then hands off to a random port for
actualy servicing the connection once it is established..

This can be overridden and the same port can be forced to be used by a init<sid>.ora setting but I am not at my manuals to see exactly how..
The listner docs should have that info..

The 8080 port sounds like Oracle's web server is running..
Look at the running services and/or proceses..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi oaklanders,

To find the application using port 8080 run the following in a CMD window:

Code:
netstat -ano

You'll see the following info:

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID

The PID is the process, and can be matched to the PID's/Process ID from the Task manager.

Good Luck
DrD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back