Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listbox(s) issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btj

Technical User
Nov 17, 2001
US
I have a form in which I want to do the following:

1. Select record ("primary") from combo box
2. Select one or many records ("secondary") in listbox (populated after selection in combo box).
3. Move "secondary" records selected to another listbox.
4. Click button ("Filter") which will filter existing report based on records in final listbox.

I am able to do steps 1 and 2 and have created a button that will filter a report based on "secondary" records choosen in listbox.

My issue is that my boss wants to be able to select multiple "primary" records, thus multiple "secondary" records and, then, run a report with those values stored.

For example:
Primary records - selects "Cat 1" and "Cat 2"
Secondary records - selects records 3, 5, and 8-12 that are based on "primary" record "Cat 1"; selects records 1-3 that are based on "secondary record "Cat 2".

Then, click "Filter" and run report.

I assume that this is possible and, therefore, I am hoping that someone can help me out. If you believe there is a better or more manageable solution, please let me know that, as well.

Thank you, in advance.

- Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back