Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listbox Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJuggz

Programmer
Aug 3, 2006
JP
I am trying to accomplish drag and drop within a list box, basically reording items in a Listbox by using the WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LBUTTONUP messages, now I have not been able to find a way to get these messages using WM_NOTIFYPARENT. Also I have used SPY++ in order to track when and where the messages are being sent, I have realized that since my ListBox is a hwnd that is a child window the focus from the parent window is changed and this can be handled using the WM_SETCURSOR message, however when I populate the ListBox with items, I no long catch the ListBox mouse controls when clicking on the items in the list.

Now am I going about this the totally wrong way, is there an easier way around this without breaking down and using the MFC, please let me know.

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back