Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ListBox in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latoya

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2017
US
Hi-

I am pulling a report from SQL in Excel. I got it all working, except I need multiple user prompts (one parameter with multiple values).

So I decided to use a listbox which contains all the possible selection that I want the user to choose from (These values are on another sheet in the same workbook) and then when a button is clicked, it displays the information in that same worksheet base on the selected choices the user choose.

This information that is being displayed is coming straight from SQL.

I tried using a userform in VBA in Excel, but I am still not quite sure how to have it pull from SQL base on the selections in the listbox.

I had it where the information was displayed, except I was only able to input one parameter at a time. I want the user to be able to do multiple selections and then the information is displayed.

In my query I had wmav_code = ? to prompt the user to input what code they wanted, bus as stated before, its just one. I tried wmav_code in (?,?,?,?), however, that's limiting the prompts to 4. I have 97 various codes to choose from (Hence the decision to use a listbox).

I tried (InStr(?, [wmav_code])>0), but Excel 2016 does not recognize that function (InStr()).

P.S. These are all within the 'WHERE' clause.

Any help is appreciated!!! :)

Thank you!

As i stated in your MySQL Forum post, please repost in forum707, as this is an Excel question that can only be addressed via VBA code.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back