Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Listbox...basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi39

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
CA
Basic silly question...how can I pop a list box with Jan, feb, Mar...etc ?

Set the listbox rowsource to a sheet range with the months listed.

listbox.rowsource=Data!MonthRange

where MonthRange is a named range that includes 12 rows with the month names in it. Data is the name of the sheet.

I'm sure there's an easier way with a value list where the row source is just "Jan, Feb, etc."

DreamerZ
simplesolutions@prodigy.net
[ignore][/ignore]

Thanks DreamerZ

FINALLY found this...*lol*
ListBox1.List = Array("One", "Two", "Three", "Four")
ComboBox1.List = Array("Red", "Green", "Yellow", "Blue")

is additem supported in Access? I can't seem to get it to do so on my listbox.

Thx,
Jacqui

I must be going nuts because the help I've got refers to 'Adds a list item to the specified command bar combo box control'. I have a normal list box and when I click on a button, I want the selected item to move into another list box. When I use the AddItem method, I get an error saying that the method is not supported.

I can only think that I need to use a different type of listbox other than what comes standard with Access???

That's really odd. I created 2 list boxes and added the following code to the AfterUpdate event in the first one. Selecting an item put it in the second list box:
Code:
List51.AddItem (List49.Value)

The 2 list boxes are standard, unbound boxes.

You're putting the AddItem in the VBA module right, not in the Control Source or something? If you're using a button, you'd obviously put the code in the OnClick event of the button.

I can't think of anything else that might be wrong, but it's not the type of list boxes.

DreamerZ
simplesolutions@prodigy.net
[ignore][/ignore]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back