Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List unused TN on Option 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

echolette

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2005
Our telephone room is a mess and recently, a division of our company moved out of the building so i know that at least a third of all our TNs are not being used anymore. I've read that i could do a PRT LUDU (or LUVU) to list unused TNs but that command doesn't work on my PBX. We have an Option 61, i think that command only works on option 11 or something like that. Do you guys know of a way to list unused lines that would help me cleanup that wall a bit =)

Pretty much all the connections are taken so it's hard to setup new phones, and getting TNs using LD 20 or people i know left the company takes so much time. I'm sure there's an easier way to find out =)

thank you.

It's not a PRT command. LUVU goes at the REQ: prompt. If you were looking for your unused DN's, then you would do PRT at the REQ: and LUDN at the TYPE:

For unused TN's

REQ: LUVU
TYPE: 2000 for Digital or 500 for Analog

For unused DN's

REQ: PRT
TYPE: LUDN

At REQ in ld 20 did you just put in LUVU or did you put in PRT LUVU?

OMG ... i can't believe i missed that. You're right, i was doing PRT and then LUVU at the TYPE prompt.

thanks alot guys. woaaa that was QUICK !

i just started working with the pbx a few weeks ago, there are still things i'm not familiar with. but thanks alot. i love this forum :)

You could also add into your midnights, a seek and disable.
Meaning if the switch does not see a set on the other end it will disable it. The disabled TN's will be listed in your history file. Thus allowing you to out unused TN's and free them up.

Don't forget to check for removed digital sets that have disabled.

LD 32 and LDIS X X=card number.

NARSBARS

OOPS

LDIS 24 0 and you will get something like this

.ldis 24 0

CARD 01 UNIT 15
CARD 04 UNIT 11
CARD 07 UNIT 02 03 04 11
CARD 10 UNIT 11
CARD 11 UNIT 11
CARD 14 UNIT 12 13 14

NARSBARS

Thanks alot guys. alot of great info

keep it coming hehe. this makes a great How To Clean Up thread

This is all i get when i do ldis 24 0 in LD 32. I'm not sure what it means though ... i'll read up on LD 32 a bit later. I'm just glad i can remove some of the wires on the wall :) thanks alot

.ldis 24 0

CARD 01 UNIT 06 07

Means 24 0 1&6 and seven are disabled. Check TNs 24 0 1 1 and TN 24 0 1 6. You should find that they are either power for a console or digital sets that are probably not there any longer. Check your other loops, you may find a number of removeable cross wires..ldis 24 0

CARD 01 UNIT 15
CARD 04 UNIT 11
CARD 07 UNIT 02 03 04 11
CARD 10 UNIT 11
CARD 11 UNIT 11
CARD 14 UNIT 12 13 14
This shows six cards in 24 with various disabled units on each card.

NARSBARS

another helpful command, ld 117 inv generate sets. let that run, then inv prt sets, that will idu each enabled set to insure that a set is plugged in

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back