Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List trace station - Jitter and Packet Loss values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimma

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
GB
Hi all,

Can somebody help me confirm what the Jitter and Packet Loss values are reporting, for example:

Jitter:
09:01:41 Jitter:0 17 32 12 0 0 0 0 0 0: Buff:16 WC:76 Avg:6

I understand that the 10 second interval is broken down into 1 second blocks. So for each 1 second block is the Jitter values a % of packets experiencing Jitter (ie they arrived out of order)?

Or is it reporting that in second 2, 17ms of packets had jitter. Second 3 had 32ms of packets had jitter?

I'm thinking its a % as the values reported during the 10 second interval don't tally up with the Buff:16 WC:76 Avg:6 values. I think the Buffer, WC and Avg are reported in ms?

I've read the Aura Core Solution Design document and it advise of the following:

Network Jitter = Recommended < 10 milliseconds
Acceptable < 20 milliseconds

So when looking at voice quality issues do you use the WC or Avg value for Jitter?

Packet Loss:
09:01:41 Pkloss:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0: Oofo:0 WC:0 Avg:0

I understand that the 10 second interval is broken down into 1 second blocks. So for each 1 second block is the Pkloss values a % of packets lost/dropped?

As for OofO/WC and Avg is this a %?

Thanks

Glimma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back