Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

list the all software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanotech

Technical User
Mar 30, 2001
US
hi everyone,
i am working on a project where i have to remotely log in host machine and get the information of all the software installed version,.....i know i can go to /bin directory and see the all software but which command i can use to display the full name of software and version...i need to list all the software which is on the machine.....so, please let me know how can i do it
special thanks in advance...

Have a look at 'pkginfo' This will list all software packages on the system. However it will only list the software which is in Solaris package format. Any other third party software which is not installed with 'pkgadd' will not be listed.

It really depends on what the software is and how well it was written in the first place.

Many vendors include options in their code to allow you to get the info you want,
try calling the application with a parameter of -V or help. Or possibly no parameter at all.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back