Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List - Records Stamped With Date and Requester

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianSkeeter

Technical User
Feb 4, 2009
CA
Sharepoint 2007 > I have created a custom list for requesting a service. I would like to "stamp" each record with the date of the request and who made the request. I can get the user to enter the date and his/her name ... but I would prefer to automate that ... less entries and no potential for errors. Is there some way of doing that?

You can create new columns in the list - one date and one text. In the date, set the default value to [Today] and in the text set the default date to [Me].
that should give you what you need.

With this solution, the user can still override the default values ( unless I am missing something )... not what I want. Also, Person columns don't seem to support a default value. I'm "afraid" I will have to write some code using Share Point Developer to implement this functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back