Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List groups in rows instead of columns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlkjr

Technical User
Apr 5, 2010
US
Using CR 8.5, is it possible to make a group display to the right of the previous group instead of below?

What report sections are being displayed? Do you still want to show the detail within the group below the group header (vertically)?

-LB

Group header two and details are showing. The details do need to stay below the header, but if the group changes I would like it to move right instead of below the first grouping.

I think you would have to use a subreport (save the current report under another name for this purpose) for group #2 and details that is linked to the main report on the Group #1 field. Then in the subreport, go into the section expert->details->format with multiple columns->layout tab->set width and gap->down then across->check "format groups with multiple columns". Also format the group footer to "print at bottom of page". This will force the new group to appear at the top of the next column.

Place the subreport in a group #1 header or group #1 footer section of the main report.

-LB

I should know by now that more detail is better than the minimum. I was hoping that a generic situation would give the guidance necessary. I can't seem to make this work. This is already a subreport (for college entrance tests) linked on a different group (student name, group 3 of main report). There is no way to make group one (test type) a part of the main report as it is unique to each student but not a particular part of the transcript. Group two (test date) is the group that needs to have the columns made. I have tried everything, including testing on a new report. It still prints the next group below the first.

I found my mistake. The group footer in the subreport cannot be suppressed.

I don't really know what you are saying. Do you have the columns working as you hoped?

-LB

yes everything is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back