Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Discovered Networks in NNM

Status
Not open for further replies.

viadisky

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
GB

Hi,

I am looking for a command I can use in NNM 7.0 , which will provide me a list of discovered networks in NNM? The command I know is "ovtopodump -L". Are there any other commands I can use?

Basically, I just need to know what networks (IP Address ranges) we currently manage in NNM.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Hi,

if you just perfom a 'ovtopodump', you will get everything.

If you dump it in to a file (e.g. ovtopodump > /tmp/ov.txt), then you can inspect it with a text editor. The output is divided in to sections :

STATIONS
NETWORKS
SEGMENTS
NODES

If you find the section called 'NETWORKS' with the search feature of your text editor, you will see all of the networks listed.

You could even copy the network listings in to another text file and open it as a tab de-limted file in Excel and manipulate the fields that you want in to a report.

Nigel Bowden

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your suggestion on how to extract and manipulate the data (list of networks).

In our case, we tend to group networks according to locations by placing them inside cetain site names. I believe the information resides inside Map database (/var/opt/OV/share/databases/openview/mapdb). Can we see the data in this database using SQL or any other tool?

Please help.

Maria :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back