Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

rparsons1000

Technical User
May 19, 2005
US
I would like the first column of a list to be a lookup from another list as well as be the hyperlinked column taking the user to the details page. This column should also be the information dispalyed when using the caledar view. Can someone tell me how to do this. Right now everything is based on the default column "Name" which I can not seem to change the field type. Thanks

There is a way to do this via FrontPage 2003, but I think you do this via two web parts. I do not know the steps by heart but I will try to explain.

1. Open FrontPage and open the site
2. Under View, click Task Pane
3. On the left side, click on the title and when the drop down comes in, select Data Sources. If you are using data lists to do this, the datalist of the site will show. Else you have to configure some database connections to another database to be able to query data. Once you see the list, click on it and Drag and drop on FrontPage. (For Datasource, I think you have to click on the fields (hit CTRL for multiple fields and there is a link that shows below the data sources that says something like insert data)

For the list that you want to show links, do the same thing as above but once you have the list in the frontpage page, click somewhere on the top of the web part and a small table looking icon will appear on the left. Once you click on that it will give you some options such as web part connections which allows you to do the hyperlinks.

I know there is a web cast for this somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back