Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Boxes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansari

Programmer
Oct 16, 2003
US
HI
I'm trying to display a column of a query in a list box.. it should work like this.. i select something from a combo box and press a command button and the result should be displayed in a list box on the same form.. anyone can help??

right now i'm just running a mcro that opens the query results in a datasheet view.. hope to get a reply soon..thanks

Hi

JUst set the rowsource of the liit box to the query in question, or to a query with only one column, based on the query

In the command button (where you presumaby execute the query?) ensure you have a listbox.requery, where listbox is the name of your list box

Why not use a sub form instead of a list box ?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

In the Click Event for the button (or you can use the After Update Event in the Combo box you would use an expression like this
Dim strSQL as String
strSQL = "Select * From MyTable Where MyTable.MyField = '" & Me.ComboBoxName & "'"
Me.ListboxName.RowSource = strSQL

If the value in your combo box is a number, take the single quote marks out of the expression. If it's a date value then replace the single quote marks with the # sign.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back