Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

list box selection form to reoprt "help"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloud

Programmer
Sep 20, 2000
US
I am fairly new at some parts of access but I have a slight problem that may not be as bad as I think. I have been trying to build a simple form with several drop down boxes for the user to select items. each list has a selection wich are options to add to a base product. for example: Large desk base price is $500.00 the drop down boxes list types of options with that option price. like "cover option" you click on the box and choose from the list wich is located in a table with that option in one column and the price of that option in another. a selection like Marble top = $99.95 if he clicks on that option then once all the options have been chosen I made a button with a macro attatche wich colects all the selections he maid and sends it to a report with the option listed and the price. then the report adds all the options together and adds the base price to get a total figure. But what if He only choses 3 out of 5 options ? I dont want the other options to show up on the report if he did not select them. I hope this makes sence. I know I sound like an idiot but I have searched books and tutorials and have come up empty for the last 6 months there has to be a master out there somewhere... Please help me!!!!!!!!! Thankyou so much for your time!!!!! [sig][/sig]

I have a similar situation. If the options you are selecting from all come from the same table you could try this.

Create a list box on one side of your form that displays the choices. Then on the other side of the form have an empty list box to hold the selected items. Have the user do somthing like double click the items they want and then the code adds this item to the other list box. After they are done selecting the items all you need to do is look at the selected items list box in your report. There is a help section for this type of procedure in Access. If you need more help just ask.
[sig]<p>John A. Gilman<br><a href=mailto:gms@uslink.net>gms@uslink.net</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back