Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List box parameter is query

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabberGod

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2003
AU
I have a list box on a form. the reason i have used a list box instead of a combo box is that id like to be able to do multiple selections from the one control.

Basicly fill in the fields on the form click the run report button and the report will open use the values from the fields (one of which is the list box) to generate the report.

Basicly the problem im having is that the query only seems to recognise that i have one entry in the list box selected, the first entry. It even seems to take the first entry in the list even if i dont select it.

Is there a way of making multiple parameters on one field of the query, from the selected rows of a list box?

note the list box will contain a fix number of rows for any given situation.

help please.

You might want to check the FAQs in the Reports forum. There is at least one solution there. FancyPrairie also has a fairly flexible solution that could be used. This is also in an FAQ.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back