Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List box on Switchboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArffMarine

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
I have a switchboard with 10 option buttons. On the switchboard I have a list box that give a snapshot of classes enrolled in our academy. I want the instructor to be able to double click on his class in the list box and be taken to his class on the form [classinformation]. The switchboard form does not recognize the listbox. It behaves as though the listbox is not enabled. However, you are able to scroll through the list box. Let me know if you need more information.

ARFF Marine

Hi,
[ul] [li] Is DblClicking on list opens the ClassInformation form? [/li]
[li] What is the code behind the DblClick?[/li]
[li] What is the bound column number? [/li]
[li]SQL of the Listbox? [/li]
[li] Is the propertybox has Event Procedure written in the double click event?
[/li][/ul]
regards

Zameer Abdulla
Visit Me
Where to pay your [purple]Tsunami[/purple] relief donations?

ARFF Marine

I may be wrong, but
- a switch board is normally used to run a form or report
- a list box is normally placed on a regular form
- a list box item is usually "selected" by a single click
- depending on how you configured the list box, a list box can use one selected item or multiple selected items

The most typical way to approach this is using the wizards is to...
- create a form based on the classes table. call it frmClass
- with the frmClass open in design mode, add a list box or combo box to the form. When the wizard kicks in, you want the list / combo box to find a record using the instructer table
- have the switchboard open the frmClass

All this assumes that your database design is appropriate. For example, you have created a relationship between the class table and the instructor table.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back