Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List box limited by form size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

accessgoddess

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with a list box. I am using it to display all the defendants an attorney has depending on what attorney record I'm on. It works fine except when an attorney has more than 19 defendants (which is all I can show given the size of the listbox) after that the scroll bar, though present, does not seem to work.
My work around was to change the sql so that the user could type in a letter to restart the defendant list as it would show only the defendants with names starting after that letter. However the client is not happy with this solution (neither am I) but I can't figure out what's wrong.
I see nothing in properties that would affect this, can anywone thing of anything I've missed?

Thanks so much.

Suze

For what its worth Suze I can't see anything wrong with your original set-up. The listbox should scroll quite happily if you have too many names in it - That is afterall what a list box is for.

Debug Ideas.
1) Change the listbox to a combo box and see if you get the same result.

2) Delete the list box entirely and insert a new list box from scratch - I've known this approach to work in the past when things appear to be 'miss-behaving'.

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS

When you say it doesn't seem to work what are you seeing exactly? Does it scroll then stop? Is it always stopping at the 19th record? Can you give us more details? Are there any parameter restrictions on the recordset other than attorney that is filtering out other records that you think should be there? If you make a temporary form that is larger and put a listbox on it (using your same recordsource) that will accomodate 30 or 40 records (without scrolling) do you see more than 19 records (i.e. all the records you expect to see?

Hi,

Just to give a bit more info the list box scrolls to the bottom and then stops even though I know there are more records. If I make the listbox longer I can get more records.

thanks,
Joanne

Wow. That sounds like real fun.

So how many rows does the list box display at one time ?

Dose it do this when you change it to a combo box ?

G LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back