Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List Box double click to goto record

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy0028

Technical User
Oct 9, 2005
US
I have a list box which looks up ProviderID(PK), First Name, Last Name, MI from the tbl called tbladdprovider

i'm trying to create a double click event whereby when I double clik providers name it will take me to the form called frmaddprovider which will display provider information.

I have the following code

Private Sub List0_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
stDocName = "frmaddprovider"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
DoCmd.GoToRecord
End Sub

Every time i double click it takes me to last record on the form and not the actual provider any ideas

Here is the correct code

Private Sub List0_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
stDocName = "frmaddprovider"
stLinkCriteria = "ProviderID = " & me.List0
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
End Sub

NOTE : It is assumed me.List0 is bound to ProviderID,
In case it is bound to some other field, you may have to use me.List0.Column(<<Index>>) to refer proper value.

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

If i wanted to add a text search on top and link it to list box 0 to search by providers in the list by last name how would i do it?

Here is the code concept on how to implement it...

Code:
Private Sub Text1_AfterUpdate()
   If Not IsNull(me.Text1) = True and Len(Trim(me.Text1)) > 0 Then
      If Not IsNull(Dlookup("ProviderID","tbladdprovider","[Last Name] = '" & me.Text1 & "'")) = True Then
         me.List0 = Dlookup("ProviderID","tbladdprovider","[Last Name] = '" & me.Text1 & "'")
      Else
         Msgbox "Last Name Not Found.", VbCritical,"User Alert"
         Exit Sub
      Endif
   Endif
End Sub

Hope it helps you...
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor