Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

List box control colors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fileman1

Technical User
Feb 7, 2013
GB
I have a form with a light blue background (solid) Onto which I have a list with a white background, and special effect set as shadowed. I have made the border color black, however there is an unwanted band of another color on the right hand side and the bottom of the list, and I cannot find how to get rid of it in properties. It's as though Access is trying to manage my color choices? Any ideas, thanks

Sounds like a shadow effect. Make sure you don't have anything set to shadow - that's my first guess at it without trying to duplicate.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thanks, however I am wanting a listbox with shadow. I did try putting a black box behind the list box to give a shadow, however the list box on it's own shows the unwanted secondary margin/border in normal flat special effect. I fiddled with the margin settings in the properties but made no difference.

fileman1,
What version of Access are you using? Are you using "Windows themed controls on forms"?

I think my Access 2007 list boxes can easily look exactly like you want.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thanks Duane, I am using Access 2010 and yes I found in the options the database is currently using Windows themed controls. I opted out, and that was the cause of my list box having extra margin colors.

I am wanting a listbox with shadow

Well, that's what you have! We all want out apps to look nice/professional, but you have to remember that Access is used to develop Database Apps; it is not a graphics program.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

The Devil's in the Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back