Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lisp/Sibilance Issue on Call Pilot .wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceyLaney

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2007
US
When importing .wav files onto our Call Pilot server (v 2.01.27, they play to callers with a constant lisp/sibilance. We do not get the lisping when we play the files before uploading, but once we do, and they play for callers, the lisp/sibilance is VERY heavy.

Anyone else have this issue?

You probably need to convert the WAV file before uploding - from member you need 8 Khz mono.

Try that settign if it isn't right let me know and I'll dig back in the documentation. If you use a standard WAV recorded at high quality it sounds really bad in Call Pilot - resampling it using Goldwave for instance really makea a difference.

I am having the same issue with imported .wav files in my CP 4.04. I downloaded a version of Goldwave and re-sampled the initial greeting and it now sounds fine, but the announcements after that greeting, though resampled at 8000 hZ, still have the lisp/sibilance issue, though it is not as bad. Any suggestions?

Benjamin Crawford
Presidio Corp
Richmond, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back