Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lisitngs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysWilling

Programmer
Dec 29, 2005
US
Hi folks. I just got asked to develop a real estate website for a family friend, and it looks pretty clear cut, and I understand what their asking for and I'm confident I can deliver.

My main concern is how to show listings on the company website that gets pulled from MLS. All real estate agents have an MLS posting of the property. Like, if you go here you see that property came from another agency with a MLS listing. How is that done? I don't think I can just take the info and for a CFHHTP of it, because as I understand if a realtor posts a new property under MLS then that property should appear on my friends website, does that make sense?

I'm based in the UK so I'm not familiar with MLS but I'd guess you need an MLS provider - to get listings and integrate it into your site. How the data is provided makes all the difference - if you can grab it in realtime as a webservice or xml feed then you can use cfhttp, if its a file you may need to import it into your database - of course this means that your listings would not reflect up to minute changes/additions which I am guessing is what you want

Hmmm, thanks for replying. I will have to contact MLS on Monday and see if they have any procedure in place for this. I'm assuming they do since all the real estate websites do this.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back