Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux to Sun NFS mount denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriondil

MIS
Nov 3, 1998
US
So I just bought a Compaq 400 Deskpro, loaded it with goodies, and installed Redhat 5.1. Works great. The problem I'm having is that no matter what I do, no other Unix boxes on my network can manage to mount any export FS on the new machine (which is named hercules).<br>
<br>
I have no trouble mounting FS from any of my other boxes (a mix of HP's, Sparcs, etc). Just this Linux box. Which leads me to think there must be something different here...<br>
<br>
Here's what I do. I go into my /etc/exports file on my linux box and insert the following line: <br>
/var/log cedb(rw) cenis(rw)<br>
<br>
Then of course I go over to CEDB and try a mount command such as:<br>
mount hercules:/var/log /var/adm/hercules<br>
<br>
I receive an acces denied error.<br>
<br>
I realise I am entirely too used to Solaris' conventions, and may be making assumptions here. Any ideas how to get around this "access denied" issue? I already placed the machine CEDB in the hosts.allow and host.equiv files on Hercules.<br>
<br>
Thanks!<br>
Siriondil

Actually, I got it resolved. There was in fact nothing wrong with the configuration. It required a stopping of the NFS daemon and subsequent restart, then everything got back to working. Guess the NFS daemon went south for some reason.

Actually, you are required to force it to re-read it's configuration files. You can just send it a HUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back