Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LINUX to SCO UNIX :: Mounting filesystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbeach

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
I am in the process of setting up a web server, possibly in LINUX (not sure as to which flavor). Running a legacy application in the SCO box.

I will be running LAMP on the web server. From the web based UI, data will need to be extracted from the SCO box. There is no ODBC or anything like it to map databases so, I will need access to command prompt to `run` or `execute` shell scripts that will in turn execute the needed commands to do the data extraction.

My need is basically:
Have access to SCO box from LINUX box so that I can execute shell scripts in the SCO box and use file IO type methods to manipulate flat files.
~ end of need ~

Given this, I figure that if I mounted the SCO box onto the LINUX box as a filesystem (/sco), I hope to be able to run my shell scripts by simply using commands such as

/sco/myapp/mybin/myscript [param, param, param, ...]

In the same token, I should be able to put/get files from/to

/sco/myapp/myload

Now, how easy is this? I will really appreciate some directions.

Thank you all for you time and assistance!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

execute shell scripts in the SCO box
man ssh
use file IO type methods to manipulate flat files
apropos nfs

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back