Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linux swap One-X and VM Pro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
how can I change the root access to drag and drop files into the linux via winscp? I am onsite hopefully someone is out there.
Mike

the vm pro
you need to backup the call flows for the vm Pro via the vm pro client

then copy the folders "Accounts" "Greetings" "Names" in the /opt/vmpro directory

all custom wave files in the directory /opt/vmpro/wavs

as for the one-x portal I have never done a swap yet but there is a /opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/scs/etc/sipxpbx directory on the Linux box and in there is a file called xmpp-account-info.xml which seems to hold the account settings
But don't hold me responsible if there are more settings that need to get taken over as I just browsed through the directories looking for something that made sense

tlpeter knows more about the Linux box but he is probably already asleep at almost 1am so if you have some time then you can wait until tomorrow to restore that.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

it keeps giving me permission errors when I try to copy them date and time.

you might also need the validusers.xml to go along with the xmpp-account-info.xml because they have the same time stamp on my machine here but I bet there is a much easier way for it and we just don't know it. So far I have never had the need but now I am curious about it.

Joe W.

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

So you want to move a One-x portal install and VMPro install?

1) Make a backup of VMPro by pressing F9 in the client.
Make an immediate backup.
Login with winscp and copy this backup.
Do not use root but Administrator/Administrator

2) login to 1XP with the AFA account
The username is superuser and password is MyFirstLogin1_0
Make a backup to your laptop.

Then go to the new install and restore the VMPro backup and 1XP backup.

Job done.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

if I read your original question correctly you donot know the root password of the Linux Server.

this can be changed using the web portal into the server,
their are also Backup & restore options there so you should not need to be using winscp

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

When I do the back up of the 8.0 VN rpo in housekeeoing then move it to the new linux box which is 8.1 FP1 then try a restore it doesnot recognize the backup. It will only show the backup made by that machine. It also shows when I copy the backup folder in winscpthat the backup made on that VM pro as root for the user and the backup copied as Administrator not sure if that makes a difference. But I cannot make a backup on one linux box VM pro client and copy it into the other via winscp and have the new linux box recognize it.
Mike

Possible solution:
Copy the files using WinSCP to the home directory.
/home/Administrator
or
/home/webcontrol

Then use Putty or other SSH. Login as Administrator or Web Contorl
Type admin
Type root
Use the root terminal to move the files around.

not real familiar with using Linux or putty to copy or move files so I was using winscp as it is drag and drop but did not work.
Mike

I knew that tlpeter knows this.

Have another star

Joe W.

Thanks Westi

Teletechman, did you put the backup in the "other backup" folder?
You need to do this.
Then login to the webcontrol page and just hit the restore button and wait till it is done.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back