Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linux php install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rninja

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
US
I have been trying to get MySQL, PHP, and Apache with SSL to play well with each other but here is my problem thusfar.
Apache with SSL works. MySQL works, and PHP works. All on their own. However when I try to use a PHP page that accesses MySQL through the apache web server, I get this message: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/database.php on line 19" or even worse as it was before, a Segmentation Fault.

I am running Apache 1.3.26 with MySQL 4.0.1 and PHP 4.2.1. The thing is, I have set the paths for my libraries and executables in ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig. I have also edited the php.ini file and found a reference to mysql.so, which does not exist.

All of the tutorials and books I have read on the integration of these technologies hasn't said a thing about this sort of problem. I have even re-compiled about 10 times with different options. I am stumped.

BTW: Apache was installed by source (tar.gz), MySQL was installed via several RPMs (client,devel,shared and mysql), and php was also installed from source.

Thanks for any help with this everyone! Rninja

smlogo.gif

I'm using Suse 7.3 Profesional, I tried several months to install the same programs that you want to install, I tried everything, I got a lot of compilations errors, then I noticed that I need a program named "flex", I installed it before anything else then everything works great.
arios@hssolutions.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back