Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux or apache question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patbeau

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
CA
Hi,
I dont know where to post this but anyway it is related to linux. How can I know if mod_perl is installed on my linux server? I installed red hat 8 with mod_perl and apache. But I dont know if apache is linked to mod_perl to execute cgi. How to know if a package is installed?

thank you

Easy....

Type:
rpm -qa | grep mod_perl

You will see a list of all the rpm's that have the word perl in it.

You should see something similar to:
mod_perl-1.99_05-3

If you don't then you can download it from rpmfind.net

Ok it says mod_perl-1.99_05-3 or something like this. But how to know if apache uses it? I installed apache and mod_perl in same time but it looks like apache doesnt use my mod_perl (cgi is really slow for small script). Or maybe it is for other reason?

Try firing up telnet, and make a request to the server:
Code:
$ telnet <your server> 80
<server output>
HEAD / HTTP/1.0<enter><enter>
My Mandrake box gives me this back:
Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:12:35 GMT
Server: Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.26 (Mandrake Linux/6.1mdk) PHP/4.2.3 mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6g sxnet/1.2.4
I don't use mod_perl, but mod_ssl is installed, and PHP is 'enabled'.

--
JR

Log into your machine (with telnet or better still ssh) su to root then issue the command: httpd -l <cr>

Where <cr> is carrage return or the Enter key.

this will list all the modules compiled into Apache.

You may have to edit the httpd.conf to enable some if they have been commeted out though.

Good Luck

Laurie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back