Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys WRV54G (2.36) and Quick VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeg72

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
Has anyone gotten the Linksys Quick VPN client to connect to the WRV54G vpn router?

I have followed the Linksys post 1709 from their support pages, but no dice.

Please tell me how you got this to work, if you did.

Thanks

joeg72,
I also have the same issue as you. just wanted to let you know that i'm in the same boat as you. I'll post here when I get some answers, I'd hope you'd do the same.
- zetsleeper

Hey I am trying to do the same thing. Does the Linksys actually act as a vpn endpoint? I see no place to set up a user group as you would on say a Cisco Pix Firewall.

Rook

This is working fine for me. I have both a WRV54G to WRV54G VPN in two cities plus I can use the quickvpn to login when I'm not directly or wirelessly connected to one of the routers. The only issue I have is that I cannot get to the VPN from my Client's network as they use a proxy server and QuickVPN does not have a place to enter it.

I think I have found the issue I am having. The VPN client requires that port 80 be open for initial communications. My ISP (Charter) has incoming port 80 closed to prevent home users from setting up web servers. My only option is to change ISP's, which I can not as there are no others servicing my area. I could get their business version and pay three times what I am paying now.

I would guess that rcunninghamsc does not have the port issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back