Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys wrv200 connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmil

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
AU
I have a linksys wrv200 wireless router connected to the internet via a billion BiPac 5200. I am running a repair on the wireless connection anywhere between every 30mins to every couple of hours to keep it working. The connection shows up in the tray as having an excellent connection however i cannot see webpages, I also can't ping the BiPac when this issue occurs. after running the repair or power cycling the wireless router it starts working again.

I have the External IP setup as static, 192.168.1.2 and DHCP running from 192.168.96.100 - 192.168.96.104.

Does anyone out there have any idea of what could be causing this issue and how I might fix it?

What firmware version does it have? The most recent is 1.0.39 and it may or may not fix your issues. The product should never have been released by Linksys!!! It is a real piece of dog manure!!!

I had purchased one for temporary use for a client, and it was a nightmare. Cisco/Linksys replaced the unit with a WRV210 which worked somewhat better, at least I could finally get a log sent to LogViewer to see what activity the thing had so I could figure out what all the traffic was.

It along with an SMC7004ABR and a BEFSR41 will be replaced shortly with a REAL FIREWALL/ROUTER: JUNIPER NETWORKS SSG20!

If you continue to have problems and warranty is still in effect, I would suggest you contact COBO support @ 866-606-1866 option 5, open a ticket and see if they can help. May be it can be replaced, but really until Cisco fixes and upgrades the firmware to really function and work, I don't see any reason to put up with anymore LINKSYS CRAP!

If you do some Google searches on WRV200, you will find others whose sentiments match mine from similar experiences...

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back