Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys WRT54G DHCP succesful, no internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorggan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
Hi,
I'm really not a MAC person, but our shop has a few for graphics. We recently changed routers, and after making the change to the new router, the Macs are picking up addresses from the router, and showing up in its table. They don't get internet connectivity however. Neither can I check email. Does anyone know anything that I could try?
Thanks

I would check that the cable from the DSL or cable modem is conected to the correct port on the Linksys device, you may or may not have to use a crossover cable on this connection.

Hope this helps,

..EB

(Plainclothesman)

My first cable modem on Adelphia's net needed to be powered off to clear the memory of the mac address of the equipment connected to it (either computer or router).

Not sure how your network is set up from your description, but that might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back