Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys wrt 54gs port forward issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode1

Programmer
Mar 4, 2008
US
I have 3 ports that I need to open. 5920 5921 80. I have setup port forwarding for all 3 but 5921 does not work. If I use canuseeme.org it says that port is blocked. If I disable other ports shows blocked if I enable them it works. Any help would be appreciated!

The port showing up as blocked does not necessarily mean that your port forwarding is not working. It could just as easily mean that your machine does not have its firewall rules updated, or your application is not yet listening on 5921.

I would run netstat -na to ensure that your application is running and has port 5921 open, and I would check the (host-based) firewall log to see if the incoming packets are being rejected.

Typically VNC will not open an additional display port until the first is in traffic, so if you connect to 5920, then 5921 may open, allowing you to test your port forwarding.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back