Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys Wireless Hub & NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyC1

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
US
Have purchased a Linksys wireless 4 port hub and a wireless NIC card for my laptop. Have double checked to insure that the SSID's match, but cannot get the NIC to pick up signal from the hub. Anyone been thru this and have an answer???

Vinny Chuck Carlson-Computer Connection
586-978-9750 ext 325
Sun-Compaq-Cisco-Veritas

I did this just last week. What I did was set up the wireless NIC with the same settings as my regular NIC that I use at the office. Everything worked fine after that.

HTH
Nate

If I uninstall both the router and NIC, which should I re-install first?? Chuck Carlson-Computer Connection
586-978-9750 ext 325
Sun-Compaq-Cisco-Veritas

Vinny,
You say "hub" in your question and "router" in your 2nd post. So I'll assume you mean router. It is true that the SSID's must match but you still have a couple other things to check. Make sure the Channels in the card and the router match, and also make sure that wireless is "turned on" in your router. It has an option for wireless service which is turned off by default. At least that was in the case of the Linksys Router I bought from the store. Also make sure your router is set to assign a DHCP address and make sure your laptop is set to accept an IP addy from a DHCP server. Need help with that? Just ask.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back