Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys wireless G adsl WAG54GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodwf

MIS
Sep 20, 2005
CA
I have a problem with my wireless G router, sometimes when i boot the pc the information panel for the router states i'm connected to the access point but it can't find the internet, although when i look at the network status i see i have an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway,DNS,DHCP client and yet unable to connect to the internet, anyone have any idea why this is?.
I'm running XP home sp2.

I'm not sure but when my Router did this. I could unplug and wait about 10 sec. replug the router and viola it would RENEW the lease... and I could surf. you might check and see if your Router is Renewing its lease from your ISP..I flashed the firemware and fixed the problem...

Frank Smith irc.dhcnetwork.com
gunslinger.gif

SomeWhere in Kansas Near Dodge City

can you tell me how to flash the router?

also while i'm here, i moved the router so it's now in my hallway, about 20 feet away from my pc, but i only get 5 Mbps connection speed at that distance, if it was in the same room the speed would be 125 Mbps, there's nothing else on i.e. tv and i'm not behind a wall or anything like that, anyone know why the connection drops so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back