Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

linksys wireless adapter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoboy

Technical User
Nov 4, 2008
US
the other day my son told me that on his computer (windows xp) he was getting the blue screen. i looked at it but could not read everything it was saying. i could boot in safe mode and went to a different restore point, it did not work. i unpluged the adapter and the system would boot fine. as soon a i pluged the adapter back in it went straight to the blue screen. has anyone seen this problem before. the day before it worked fine. thanks for any help

Try booting the computer in the basic SAFE mode, i.e. no networking. If it still crashes I'd say it's the device that's faulty, but if it boots ok then maybe the driver/software has become corrupted. Uninstall it, reboot, and try reinstalling.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

thanks for the info. i did boot up is safe mode and it would. i downloaded the driver and reinstalled it and now everything seems to be ok. thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back