Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LinkSys WAG54G Drop Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveh

Technical User
Jun 22, 2000
GB
Hi There,

I have just set up a new network, and the Ethernet connections via the Router are fine... I've set up the wireless network with 128bit WEP and MAC address filtering, and when I turn the router and my laptop on, my Dlink DWL-G650 card picks up the network and connects, and works fine.

However, sometimes when I turn my computer on, the wireless network will not be available. I will try to restart the computer, repair the wireless connection etc, but generally the only solution is to restart the router. I suffered drop outs using my Dlink card on the last network that I was connected to, but this was quite rare, and it always reconnected immediately.

At this stage I'm not sure whether it is the router or the DWL-G650 that is not behaving itself. I'm tempted to say its a combination of both, but I've downloaded the latest drivers (for the DWL), so I don't know what else to do.

If you can help or offer advice, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back