Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys SF300-48P Fault with Avaya 1608i IP Handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzziedunlop

Programmer
Jul 3, 2012
GB
Evening
I've got 9 SF300-48P POE managed switches and all i've setup is a static ipaddress on all the switches. The only devices that are connected to these switches are Avaya 1608i handsets and the Avaya IP500 phone system. The problem is the phone system sends out a KeepAlive signal and when it doesn't recieve the signal back it grabs the IPAddress back and the handset resets gets an ip address and logs back on. this happens randomly but in the RAM Memory i get loads of warnings %STP-W-PORTSTATUS:fa38: STP Forwarding,aggregated (6) the numbers after fa are all different and some don't have aggregated.
1: How can i resolve these warnings and once resolved will this stop the handsets resetting?

Many thanks for reading this and i'll try and answer any questions

Thanks

You might try disabling STP on all the phone ports and see if that helps. There is no way for the phone to create data loops, so STP is not necessary on those ports.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back