Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys Router stalls until you reapply settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakus

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
I am hosting two web sites behind my BEFSX41. I have been using it for a year and a half with relatively few problems. All of the sudden yesterday the firewall starts hanging every 15 minutes. All you need to do is reapply settings and it works for a few more minutes. I bought a new one with the latest firmware cuz I thought the old one might have tanked but its doing the same thing. What is going on here??? Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome.

Thank you.

Have you restarted the modem or whatever device supplies the signal? Perhaps plug a computer or laptop directly into the device, run it awhile, do you have any connectivity issues?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

You might be under attack. A Denial of Service or more likely a worm such as Welchia in-house.

There is a limited table entry for pending port forwards, and it is easy enough to swamp the thing.

Last, see if you have a user use any Peer-2-Peer networking on your side. A single Kazaa, eMule, or even iTune user could overwhelm the router requiring a reset. Particularly if not set up properly and the traffic is coming in on Port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back