Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys Router Password Retrieval Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBeatles

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
US
Giving this question a shot on these forums--all my other questions were answered in the past by knowledgable people so I assume there is a possible solution for this:

I am having a similar situation to the member NetConsultant where the IT guy who set up our network no longer works for us. He also has not answered any of our attempts to contact him. I've been able to go behind him and gain access to admin controls on our server computer, gain access to our database, Micros RES 3700 client, Outlook e-mail etc. but I need the WEP key to our wireless router and I have no idea what alphanumeric / word he used as a key to generate the entry codes. I also am needing access to the router but cannot risk resetting any of the settings at this point. I have only a rudamentary understanding of networking but have told my bosses I would try to gain a solution before we have to hire a temp IT guy to reset the router and reconfigure the settings.
BTW, I have already tried all default passwords and logins to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just trying to do everything possible before we're forced to reset the router to reconfigure the settings back.

Press the reset button on the router for 30 seconds then reconfig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back