Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys router & comcast service

Status
Not open for further replies.

qweasdzxcqweasdzxc

Technical User
Sep 12, 2006
US
I want to use the service to provide internet for about 15 computers.....The service works when I hook it up to one computer....When I hook up the router the computers do not get internet...The default settings will work in the router and provide internet to multiple computers when I hook the router to an AP. I dont want to go wireless though. I want to hook a switch into one of the router ports and then the computers into the switch....

Double NAT.

Connect directly with cable to the router. No other connections on the router.

Set the router to obtain its WAN IP automaticly through DHCP.

Set the LAN side IP address of the router to 10.0.0.1, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0.

Enable DHCP server on the router. Accept the default DHCP scope of 10.0.0.50 -- 10.0.0.149

Save the settings.

Power everything off. Connect modem to router WAN port. Connect "Uplink" port of switch or router (not both) to a regular LAN port on the other device.

Power on all equipment and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back