Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscotx

Technical User
Jul 25, 2007
US
I have a Linksys WRT54G Firmware Version: v1.02.0. I have been trying to block webpages either by URL or by keyword under the Access Restriction Tab and it does not seem to take effect. For example I enter on the URL just to try it and it still goes to that URL. or if I enter the word drugs under keywords it will still go to those pages... Can anybody help...

What do you guys think of upgrading to DD-WRT...

Is this for a home or for a business? If its for a business you need a content filter.

is for a business with four computers... so i guess this business could be considered as a home scenario...

i have Linksys DD-WRT and i use it in internet cafe about 40 workstation and it works find! the problem is i can not ping all the workstation exept the router! i can also brows the internet and networksharing folder! but why when i ping i can not see them? please help me...

I have read about the DD-WRT and apparently it does not work on version 5 which is the one I have :S does anybody know anything about version 5?

I have 2 Linksys wrt54gs Routers, 1-Speadstream 4200 modem configured as a gateway. The first router is configured as ppoe and retreaves a static from isp. It has 3 ports opened to internal address of 1.2 for wan access to a video recorder. I need to add wireless capabilities for the lobby customers but not allow them to access the first routers lan addresses. Thank you for your responce...John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back