Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys PAP2T for MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatecom

Technical User
May 9, 2011
US
I've been looking for a SIP-compatible VOIP FXS ATA for a Nortel MICS system for a while know and came across the Linksys PAP2t. For low-medium usage applications it seems to be a good offering but I'm unsure of the compatibility with my system.

The thing I'm mostly concerned about is Disconnect Supervision. I plan to use voicemail and disconnect supervision is a must with it. I realize that the Linksys adapter is not professional-grade device but it'll do the job.

Will the Linksys provide the proper signal for the Norstar to disconnect the call? If not, what kind of small, relatively inexpensive adapter would provide such features?

Thanks!

Analog is analog so really any ATA will do.

I don't think there is a product made for Norstar so therefore nothing is compatible on paper as far as SIP to Norstar.
BCM is the next generation and handles SIP trunking.

However I am pretty sure the Linksys has the disconnect settings you can play with but your best to ask that in a Linksys forum.
I think this goes for latest devices as it was a huge issue when they first came out.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I found this:

Polarity Control
The Linksys ATA allows the polarity to be set when a call is connected and when a call is disconnected. This feature is required to support some pay phone system and answering machines.

Calling Party Control
Calling Party Control (CPC) signals to the called party equipment that the calling party has hung up during a connected call by removing the voltage between the tip and ring momentarily. This feature is useful for auto-answer equipment, which then knows when to disengage.

There is more info on the guide:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back