Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys model WRT54G won't work on ME computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliboone

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
US
I have a Wireless-G model WRT54G router that is attached to my Gateway computer that is running Millenium Edition. The power, WLAN, port 1 and Internet LED's are all lit up but I am unable to connect to the internet. I have my comp set to automatically set obtain IP settings.

When I try to run the router software the first step is to check to see if I have an internet connection. At this point the software says that my ethernet cable should be running from my nic card to my dsl modem. The software then tells me that I have no internet connection. So I have tried to connect to the router and run step 1 but then it says something like "You are connected to the router. If your 1st computer is set up then try to set up your second computer." I can't remember the exact message.

Sorry for the long winded post, I hope that someone understands it.

Thanks, Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back