Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys Gigabit Expresscard EC1000 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortunat

Technical User
Jan 9, 2001
CA
I am so disappointed with Linksys. I have only been purchasing Dlink and Netgear products and purchased this EC1000 for my Dell Inspiron 9400 with Windows XP. I purchased the USB gig adapter and it worked like a charm, but wanted something less bulky, so I purchased the EC1000.

Got a link-light, but no IP address. I have Wireshark protocol analyzer and thought I would see why it isn't working. I could see the express card's MAC address and tried manually entering it in the advanced configuration options with no success. I only see data leaving my card and no data being received.
Connected it to
- my Netgear 10/100 DS108 hub, same thing.
- my cisco 10/100 switch, same thing
- my linksys wireless access point, same thing

Also noticed that the express card RJ45 is very sensitive. if you just jiggle the RJ45, the link light goes out. Tried the cable linksys provided and 2 of my own. Very poor connection design.

Connected the adapter to my Fluke Integrated Network Analyzer (it is 10/100/1000) and it could not see the card as well.

Called Feb 18 around 11:30 am and 58 minutes on hold. Love the constant reference by the on hold automated attendant about "Linksys's award winning customer support". I wonder what award?

VOIP system for the help desk is very poor with a lot of latency. Had to repeat a lot of my info.

The help desk person needed to know who my internet provider was, even though I'm in my office. She kept saying my card wasn;t working even though I told her I had a link light and could only receive data, not send.

Any help would be appreicated.

'Making things work better; bit by bit.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back