Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LinkSys DNS problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewild

Technical User
Apr 8, 2009
I think something is going on with the DNS on the WUSB54G LinkSys router. When my computer went out and I couldn’t pull up Web pages, LinkSys monitor said the problem was between the router and the Web. When they got it in the shop and they connected it to their ISP, no problems. When I got it back it worked for several days and then yesterday went out again. Same problem; could only get a Web page if I knew the IP address. Then this morning it was working again. Then tonight the monitor said it was fluctuating between being connected to the Web and not being connected. Driving me nuts.

I realize it has been a month since you sent this out.

If you are still having periodic problems, then the problem is either Hardware (need a new router), or one of the connections or wires may be causing a "dirty" connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back