Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

MIS
Jun 16, 1999
US
I recently replaced my SMC Ethernet 10/100 desktop card with a Linksys LNE100TX V5.1 card. I have been having problems with realplayer playback of mp3 files , blue screens come up with VxD errors during download of files, pc occassionally freezes...I'm running WIN 98 SE.
Any ideas?? Will trying a different Ethernet Card (Belkin or NetGear) solve my problems??

did the linksys card come with a driver diskette? sounds like a nic card driver issue. go to linksys web site download the most current driver.

Sounds like you have an IRQ conflict...

start>prog>accessories>system tools>system information>expand hardware list and highlight conflicts and sharing, check to see what IRQ number your NIC is on...I bet its sharing with your Video Card...

if that is the case you will need the IRQs adjusted...if you are not comfortable doing that yourself...then take your pc to someone who does it professionally.... *ducks and hides* "don't shoot me i'm only the messenger!"

well yes actually they could lol...it doesn't always work though...depends on whether or not there is an available slot of course but it also has a lot to do with the IRQ numbers that Windows generally allots certain devices to...there is a pretty good chance given the nature of the device that the IRQ number will remain the same...also...it depends on what compatible IRQ numbers are open to use sometimes discussion is the only way to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back