Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFVP41 and multiple BEFSX41

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbandolero

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
MX
Hi all.

Has anybody tried to connect a central Linksys BEFVP41 to multiple branch offices, all of them using Linksys BEFSX41?

I know BEFVP41 can handle 70 simultaneous tunnels, however I would like to know how many tunnels BEFVP41 can handle efficiently in practice.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it works, keep up with the latest firmwares.

Have got 21 tunnels working rigt now without problems, part of them are SonicWALLs.

Have heard others are using >30.

Thanks markku,

I will try those devices. Of course I will be sharing my results whit Tek-Tips community.

I have the Linksys BEFSX41 at home with a MS Server 2003 as the DHCP server. I have not been able to connect to other locations. I have a BEFSR11 connected to another connection. Cannot connect between the two. VPN connection software is L2TTP/IPSec as the client software. I've try everything, I've followed the installation instruction to the letter (XP home and server 2003). gotten error 769, and 781. Have try connecting to friends site, can get to it by using run IP:port
Any help you can give will help

The BEFVP41 was setup at our Medical site connected to one of its own at another site about 1 & 1/2 miles away. Junk...You get what you pay for. It couldn't handle the Pictures that were being sent through it. We tested it with sending packets of data from one side to another. It crashed several times. We put in Netscreens, which are 5 to 10 times the price though and it runs a lot better. Simply its a matter of $100 compared to $500 for a Client & $1000 for a main box.

ME

Hi again,

What are the recommended firmware versions for both, the central VP41 and remote SX41 devices. Precharged firmware in both devices is newer than those available in linksys site.

However connections from SX41s to central VP41 drops, very, very frequently (a few minutes). Some times the tunnel reconnects but nothing is seen in the other side, not even the LAN IP of the remote device.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back