Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linksys BEFSR41 ver2 connection to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamdeu

Technical User
Sep 23, 2002
IL
Dear all,

I have looked at all the previous threads, but I am still stuck. I cannot get my router to connect to the internet. Can anyone help? I have all the correct lights on - ie the wan connection is ok - so far I am only trying to connect with one computer - I am not sure I have the addresses in the setup correct - I am using the default as the Lan ip adddress ???

Pam

Have you tried releasing and renewing your IP address? I have the router & computer set up to obtain an IP address automatically and it works perfectly fine for me.

The only light that should me lite up on the router is your WAN link light, the Acct light may blink occansionally if there is activity. The 1, 2, 3, 4 should be lite up only if you have a computer connected to them via network cord.

Also have you tried both a straight and crossed cable into the router?

Pam,

Can you access the router's web interface? By default, it is at Click on the "Status" tab and see what the condition is.

If it is "Connected", your router is connected to the ISP and you just need to adjust your computer's network settings.

If it is "Disconnected" or "Connecting", check the settings to make sure they match what was provided by your ISP. Make sure the WAN Connection Type is correct. If your ISP uses PPPoE, you need to have the correct username and password.

Post back if you can not access the router's interface or have another problem.

Hope that helps.
The Old Man

First of all this question cannot be answered without getting some more info. Do you have cable or dsl ?
Is your PC connecting to the net fine straight to the DSL or Cable modem (bridge) or have you never connected ?
It is quite possible if you are using a cable modem and your PC has connected you need to spoof your MAC address in the router. Please let us know. We can help.

The modem is up and running - needed to have the crisscross cable running from the modem to the router - and there was a small problem with the setup which has now been solved - thank you to everyone who offered to help.

You said you needed a crossover cable. Are you using dsl? If so, with what comapny. I to am having the same problem.

Reply I live in Israel and am using Netvision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back