Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LinkSys 54G adapter & LEAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

colophon

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
I have a Cisco AP-1220B AP. I am using LEAP authentication to a RADIUS server. When I use a laptop with an embedded Cisco Aironet wireless adapter, all is fine. I use the Aironet Config Util. to config the adapter. Now, when I use a PCMCIA Linksys WPC54G adapter, I use the Linksys cfg util and set the config to use a RADUIS server as well as LEAP authentication. I enter my login info in the config utility, save it. When I look at the AP's log, I see the card associate, then get dropped with "Deauthenticated (MAC ADDR), unsupported authentication algorithm" I looked at the Cisco website, and didn't find too much discussing this particular error. So, the basic problem is:
Using a Cisco Aironet adapter as well as the cfg utility, all works fine. Using the Linksys adapter and cfg utility, I can cfg the card, but it doesn't seem to authenticate properly to the RADIUS server.

Anybody???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back