Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Links to documents in Sharepoint 2007 - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptj

Programmer
Oct 5, 2001
GB
Hi all & thanks for looking at the question.

I'm trying to create an information portal using Microsoft Sharepoint Office Server 2007.

I want to upload lots of documents to a library and then have dedicated pages for each topic that include links to documents, for example a page which has links to product information documents to help when a customer calls.

I can't see a way to create these links - is this possible, or is there another way of achieving the same goal - a seperate document library for each topic perhaps or a web-part that could help?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Phil

Can't you put them all in a single document library with the topic etc information stored in columns (metadata). The create a view for each topic/product etc.

That's a really good thought - thanks for that. For some of what I want to achieve it may help. I think for other stuff when I want to add text the answer appears to be to create a WIKI for the topic & add links to files using the insert hyperlink button.

Many thanks

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back