Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking VB to the PG Editor (PLEASE HELP!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 29, 2000
GB
I need to change the Y axis Scale on a Custom chart using the PG Editor. This needs to be done using VB6 code. Could someone please advise me on the syntax I need to use.

I have been told that you can not change the chart options within the PG Editor using VB code, but I can not beleive that Crystal reports is that inflexible.

I'm using Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 (Professional Edition)

Thanks

The PG Editor is a third party tool that isn't even interfaced well with CR, so I would be surprised if you could access it from VB. It is dropped in V8 completely in favor of the "analyzer".

What you can do is create a separate chart for each scale option that you need to provide(assuming you don't need dozens), place each chart in a separate subsection, and conditionally suppress the subsections to only appear when selected.

A kludge I know, but I have seen worse. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back