Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linking Two Fields in One Table to Another Table and One Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj3221

Technical User
May 14, 2008
US
I'm not sure if this can be done or if it would end up being a formula & a subreport but I thought I would ask before I start.

I have two tables that have a few common fields to link on - Item # for one. However, one table has two different unit of measure fields. One is the stocking unit of measure and the other is the selling unit of measure. The table I want to link them to has only one unit of measure field as it can have multiple records.

Table One: Item#, Stocking UOM, Selling UOM
Table Two: Item#, UOM

Table One: ABC123, BX, CS

Table Two: ABC123, BX
ABC123, CS

Is there a way to link these 2 in one report?

Thank you in advance for any assistance/advice.

LInk on itme number, then include something like:
{table1.unit_of_measure} in [{table2.stocking_uuom},{table2.selling_uom}]

Thank you for the reply Charliy. I tried that and get a true/false result but I think I might have done it wrong or explained it wrong.

Table 1 has two units of measure in two different fields (unitstock and unitsell are the actual field names). I wasn't able to create the exact formula you gave as I don't have a table1.unit_of_measure field (this has 2 fields per item). Table 2 has one field for unit of measure and will have 2 separate records for the same item.

I ended up doing:

{table2.units} in [{table1.unitstock},{table1.unitsell}]

That's when I get the true/false result.

Thank you again!

that formula needs to be part of your record selection. It will select the ones that you're currently seeing as True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back